IFL Lesson Evaluation Form 2013
Trainee: SUON Sopheaktra, Date: June 05, 2013.
A. English Proficiency
|1. Is the teacher’s English grammatically accurate?||1.5/2|
|2. Is the teacher’s English fluent?||1.5/2|
|3. Is the teacher’s English appropriate for existing context?||1.5/2|
|4. Is the teacher’s English pronunciation good enough?||1.5/2|
- Supervisor: Subject-verb agreement, teacher mostly forgot to pronounce -s for plural form.
- Associate Lecturer: N/A
B. Lesson Preparation
|1. Does the teacher apparently understand the lesson?||2/2|
|2. Does the lesson seem to have clear aims and objectives?||1.5/2|
|3. Does the lesson have several well-linked techniques?||1/2|
|4. Has the teacher apparently planned what he or she is going to say in the lesson?||1.5/2|
- Supervisor: In term of wording, the objectives are not clear, teacher needs to revise. Technique 4 is supposed to be extra technique, not main one.
- Associate Lecturer: In your last technique, the topic are totally unrelated to the lesson.
C. The Teacher
|1. Is the teacher on time and well-prepared?||2/2|
|2. Is the teacher enthusiastic, patient, and confident?||1./2|
|3. Does the teacher listen and respond to the students carefully?||2/2|
|4. Does the teacher use a lot of positive reinforcement?||1/2|
|5. Does the teacher speak loudly, slowly and clearly?||1/2|
- Supervisor: Speak a bit clearer and louder. Show more enthusiasm (smiling can also show) in teaching by having more fun and trying to be more hardworking in teaching.
- Associate lecturer: You should speak louder and be more confident as well as enthusiastic, say “thank you”, “very good”, “good job”, “excellent”.
D. The Student
|1.Are the students who have problems helped by the teacher?||1.5/2|
|2. Are the students motivated and interested in the lesson?||1.5/2|
|3. Do any students have problem such as not seeing the board properly and hearing the teacher and/or tape recorder clearly? Are these problems solved?||1/2|
|4. Do the students learn much from the lesson?||1.5/2|
|5. Do all students get a chance to contribute actively to the lesson?||2/2|
- Supervisor: More monitoring around the class needed to provide help to students.
- Associate Lecturer: Students were so noisy and didn’t listen to your instruction.
|1. Is there a clear, positive start to the lesson?||1.5/2|
|2. Does the teacher review language points the students have already learned?||1.5/2|
|3. Does the teacher teach the lesson carefully and clearly?||1.5/2|
|4. Does the teacher give the students a lot of practice?||1.5/2|
|5. Does the teacher make the student produce enough output to make them learn?||1/2|
|6. Is the lesson fun and interesting?||1.5/2|
|7. Is the lesson too fast, too slow or just right?||2/2|
|8. Does the teacher use different work arrangements?||2/2|
|9. Does the teacher use various questions which require different levels of thinking?||2/2|
|10. Does the teacher correct students appropriately for the existing context?||1.5/2|
|11. Is there a clear, positive end to the lesson?||1/2|
- Supervisor: For technique 3, teacher should have cleaned all words from the board, but got them written on a separate piece of paper for students to look at.
- Associate Lecturer: In your review, you could have written students’ sentences on the board. You production stage is unrelated to the lesson.
F. Teaching Materials
|1. Does the teacher use the textbook or extra materials appropriately?||1.5/2|
|2. Does the teacher adapt the textbook or materials to optimize students’ learning?||1.5/2|
|3. Does the teacher use any audio-visual teaching aids? If so, are the teacher’s teaching aids large enough, clear, relevant and helpful for the students?||2/2|
|4. Does the teacher use the board well?||1.5/2|
- Supervisor: Classroom routines need to be reinforced. Teacher should have asked students to do something while he was correcting students’ works.
- Associate Lecturer: N/A
G. Classroom Management
|1. Does the teacher give clear instructions?||1.5/2|
|2. Does the teacher look at all the students and move around the room to monitor the students when they are working in pairs or groups or on their own?||1.5/2|
|3. Does the teacher ask different students to answer questions?||2/2|
|4. Does the teacher try to let the students speak as much as necessary?||2/2|
|5. Does the teacher use the students’ names?||2/2|
|6. Does the teacher manage class time effectively?||2/2|
|7. Does the teacher have a good rapport with the students?||2/2|
- Supervisor: Please help correct students pronunciation and accuracy indirectly. Don’t forget to attach a copy of the lesson and handout to me next time! Teacher should ask students to tell him those words for the wrap up!
- Associate Lecturer: Please state your instruction clearly.
Total : 63/80 (score are marked by associate lecturer only).
- Supervisor: Technique 3 should be done at the end by choosing one person to tell the meaning and every group has to raise their hand and guess. It is not supposed to be the main technique.
- Associate Lecturer: You need to consider about many aspects before you teach.
First session done, two more sessions to go. Even it is a trial session, it does play a big part and has a big impact on the upcoming two sessions. Wish me luck! 😀
Well performance in class doesn’t mean you will perform well in practicum.